16 Mar Covid 19 Announcement – Update
As of Monday, July 20, 2020:
Community Links is continuing to support residents within North Rocky View Region including Airdrie, Beiseker, Crossfield, Irricana and surrounding North Rocky View County.
As our community continues to open up, we want to share some of the ways that we are working to keep our staff and community members feeling safe and supported.
You can reach us by phone at: 403-945-3900 or 1-866-945-3905 or email: email@example.com during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with extended hours Thursday until 8:00 pm. Closed daily from 12:00 to 1:00 pm). One of our staff would be happy to answer your questions and connect you with the supports you need.
For those who need to access in-person supports, we are asking that you please call us first. If you have been directed to come in to the office, here is what you can expect when you enter our space:
- Hand Sanitizer – you will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to our space;
- Health Screening – you will be asked a set of health screening questions upon arrival;
- Masks – you will be asked to wear a mask. Please bring your own if you have one, and if you do not, we are happy to provide one for you. If you are not able to wear a mask, you will be directed to call in to access services;
- Social Distancing – directional arrows and reduced seating are in place to help maintain social distancing.
Our efforts to maintain a safe and clean environment have included the following:
- Masks – staff will be using social distancing and wearing a mask and/or behind a protective barrier in their interactions with you;
- Cleaning – daily, frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all high-touch common surfaces in addition to sanitizing after each community member visit;
- Hand Sanitizers – we have a number of hand sanitizer stations in our space and ask staff to sanitize prior to and after each interaction with community members.
- Intake Services are available during regular business hours and can be accessed by phone, email or in person. Our Beiseker office is also available to support you on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm.
- Family Child Care Program (Dayhomes) currently remains in place and child care spots are available for children 0-12 years. Please visit our website to fill out an online application or call us for more information.
- Parent Consultations are being provided over the phone or through Zoom.
- Parents and Caregivers can check out our YouTube channel (search: Community Links) for educational and fun videos, including stories and songs, as well as resources on parenting through Covid-19 and beyond.
- Seniors Services are available over the phone or through Zoom.
- Counselling Services (Regular and Drop-in) are available via phone or Zoom. An intake must be done prior to the session and a sliding scale fee applies.
- The Drop-In Counselling schedule has resumed on Thursdays from 2:30-7:00 pm and Fridays from 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Family Violence Services:
- We encourage victims of family violence to reach out to us for support – we can help. 24-Hour support is available by calling the Family Violence Helpline at 403-234-7233 (SAFE) or the Family Violence Information Line at 310-1818(help is anonymous and available in more than 170 languages). In an emergency, call 911.
- Family Violence Programs, including Journey of Change (Treatment Program) and Journey of Healing will continue via phone and/or Zoom.
- Volunteer Services are currently limited, but please call or email for more information about volunteer opportunities that may be available again shortly.
- The following remain suspended for the present time:
- Family and Senior Respite;
- Treasure Vault. Clothing donations are not being accepted at this time;
- Toy and Resource Library. Donations are not accepted at this time. There is no expectation of toys and resources outstanding to be returned.
We continue to support the community residents in the North Rocky View Region, and are asking for everyone’s co-operation in staying home when they are sick and adhere to provincial pandemic requirements when in our office space.