The mission of Counselling Services is to prevent personal and family breakdown, enhance the abilities of individuals, couples and families to constructively manage daily living and enrich the quality of family life.
Consent for minors is required.
Child & Family Counsellors
- Children’s behavioral and emotional concerns.
- Primarily with children 6 – 11 years and their families.
- Children who have experienced trauma, ADHD, anxiety, anger and exposure to family violence.
Youth & Family Counsellor
- Primarily with older children; youth (ages 12 – 18) and some adults.
- Parent-teen conflict, separation/divorce, blended-families, emotional regulation and family violence.
- Helping people cope with mild mental health concerns related to depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, relationship concerns, grief and loss, self-harm and anger awareness.
- Assisting children and teens in conflict resolution, healthy relationship skills, and bullying.
- Individual, couples, and family.
- Couple’s therapy, blended families, family violence, identity, separation and divorce, grief, trauma, stress and anxiety, self-harm, anger awareness.
- Fees for counselling programs are based on a sliding scale. No-one is refused services due to financial reasons. Self-referrals are welcome. Appropriate referrals to other agencies may be made to ensure all Community Members needs are met.
- Drop-In Counselling allows people to receive immediate assistance. An intake is required prior to the first session.
- Clinic hours are Thursdays from 2:30 pm – 7:00 pm and Friday afternoons from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
- Drop-In Counselling Services are on a self-referral basis, or referrals from community partners, on a first come, first served basis.
Intimate Partner Violence Services – Journey of Change Programs
- The Intimate Partner Violence Services, Journey of Change Programs are for men and women who have been mandated by the court to complete Family Violence Treatment. There are also spaces for non-mandated men and women who choose to take part in the Program. Participants finish the group after completing sixteen 2 hour sessions and individual intake/goal setting, and wrap-up sessions.
- The men’s group is an ongoing registration group that runs on Monday and Wednesday evenings. These Programs also offer Individual Counselling scheduled around the participant’s work schedule if they are working shift work or out of town. There are no fees for the Journey of Change programs. Topics covered include relationships, anger, accepting responsibility, substance abuse, resolving conflict, managing stress, and healthy support systems, etc.
- The Women’s Program runs Tuesday evenings.
For more information regarding this program, please contact Community Links.
Family Violence Services
Individuals are supported through various educational programs and activities including: intake, assessment, crisis support, safety planning, healthy parenting, avenues to basic needs, information and referrals to support services and healing groups.
Journey of Healing Women’s Group
- A combination of a process and educational group for women who have experienced abuse in an intimate partner relationship. Topics will included understanding abuse, safety planning, emotional health and wellness. Trauma healing and preventative solutions will also be explored. Guest speakers from partner agencies in the community will be included.
- Free child care will be provided to those participants who register one week in advance.
Contact: For an appointment, call 403-945-3900